Sunday, September 26, 2010

Frustrated Actor

I am writing this blog, because I want to document, the low times, as well as the high times in my career. These past two weeks have been a terrible low. As I strangely love to audition, and lately it has been so slow that I have been on one audition in the past two weeks. My manager, said she is having a bit of trouble getting me in for the recent films. Again, type, and my musical resume getting in my way. It is a blessing and curse looking the way I do, because I don't fit any one's mold. I am a multi cultural looking man, and tons of characters are very specific to "type". I fall in the middle for many of these projects. This is a struggle I have no control over, but I believe when it does happen, it will be huge! I can't let being SPECIAL stop me, I just pray that more opportunities come. It is hard to be a talented actor, if no one will even let you in the door to audition. My manager is going to start pushing more, which I think I need, because I know I have the chops. It is also slow in musical theater land, but that is expected as there aren't many roles again, out there for my type. I am learning the art of patience, and sticking to my guns. I don't want to go back to the chorus, it is time to move on. However, I will take a chorus contract if there is a great role I can understudy. Or if it is a featured ensemble role, and that could satisfy my appetite as well. This is still a struggle to get out, ex specially when I have to turn down money, to follow my dream. I am sticking with my dream, and I know this too shall pass. I do have a couple of auditions this week, so, I will just press on, and look forward to my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment