Thursday, March 5, 2009

A Life of Style: Tea Tree Oil


Tea Tree Plant




















Good Morning Fabulous Ones!!!! Happy Thursday =)

Today is Tea Tree Thursday.

For the past month my face has been acting out. In addition to the monthly visitor breakouts (ugh!), I have had a couple of out of nowhere eruptions that have truly annoyed me. None of my standard products were working so I visited my local health food store to pick up some natural products. Having run out of my Body Shop tea tree oil cleanser which I swore was the *bee's knees and have used for quite some time, I decided to try Dr. Bronner's Magic Pure Castile Tea Tree Liquid Soap.

The first time I washed my face with this soap I was pretty blown away. My skin was super clean. Honestly it was the first time I actually felt a cleanser working. After I cleansed, I dabbed pure tea tree oil on a cotton pad and applied to the mini Mount St. Helens. Within a week I was all clear. I don't think any of my old stand by skin care products have ever worked this well. These products are now a part of my daily skin care starting line up. *grinning ear to ear*

Tea tree oil not only saved my skin, it proved to be a real gem while I was sick. Last week I came down with an awful sinus infection - severe headache, terribly congested, post nasal drip, and intense pressure. I was having such a hard time sleeping due to my nasal passages being completely closed. My humidifier was working overtime and not providing a lot of relief...until I added a few drops of tea tree oil. Soon after, I was able to breathe through my nose and sleep a lot better.

Gotta love that tea tree oil =)

Before I sign off, I want to share the ingredients for the Body Shop tea tree oil facial cleanser and Dr. Bronner's. I've been reading product labels a lot more and doing way more research than I ever have before I purchase certain items now.

The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Facial Wash:
Water (Solvent/Diluent), Glycerin (Humectant), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Surfactant), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Surfactant), PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate (Viscosity Modifier), Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Alcohol Denat. (Solvent/Diluent), Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil (Natural Additive), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Allantoin (Skin Soothing Agent), Polyquaternium-10 (Hair Conditioner), Sodium Salicylate (Preservative), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Yellow 5 (Colour), Blue 1 (Colour).

Dr. Bronner's 18-in-1 Hemp Tea Tree Pure-Castile Soap:
Water, Saponfied Organic Coconut Oil*, Saponified Organic Olive Oil*, Organic Glycerin, Organic Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Seed Oil, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Melaleuca Altenafolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Extract, Citric Acid, Tocopherol (*Certified Fair Trade by IMO)

*Bee's Knees

Dr. Bronner's 18-in-1 Hemp Tea Tree Pure-Castile Soap

Desert Essence Organic Tea Tree Oil

1 comment:

  1. Our Organic Tea Tree Oil can help support a healthy immune system and reduce the appearance of skin blemishes. Teatree oil is very beneficial for cold and sinusitis, it soothes muscle pain, prevents skin infection. Buy Organic Tea Tree Oil to get clean and clear skin. Make your skin healthy using the best organic tea tree oil available at the Essential Natural Oil. This tea tree essential oil treats various skin problems.

    ReplyDelete